Download Sewing Patterns Today!


Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ahoy Mateys! Sailor Suits and Dresses Showcase

Anchors Away is the theme of this handpicked showcase of sailor and nautical themed custom boutique items. This is such a wonderful & classic look! It has been around for generations, and for good reason, it's to die for cute! Everyone from John John Kennedy as a toddler wore little sailor suits, to Shirley Temple in Sailor themed dresses! It NEVER seems to go out of style!




Rebecca's Originals will create a custom sailor suit just for your litte one from the softest kona cotton! I love this one! Just darling! I think it would be wonderful for "Daddy's Navy Homecoming", a special pageant with a patriotic theme, birthday party or for a photo shoot! I happen to have some of Becky's work and it is flawless. I used to buy from her when my now, 7 year old was a toddler. She's been around the custom boutique world quite a while, and her work has stood the test of time, as do most reputable, and talented designers! This set is white kona cotton with navy blue twill trim and grosgrain accents~ and it includes the shorts, top AND the hat too!!


I got to looking around at some of the talented designers out there to see what Sailor themed sets I could find, and I was so tickled to find this super cute Teddy Bear Sailor Themed Dress by Gorgeous Girls Boutique on Facebook That little Duffy Bear waving to passers by just warms my heart! The applique work looks very nice,and I like the striped ruffle at the bottom. as well as the fabric sash bow at the top of the back of the dress! A designer not afraid to mix up prints & patterns is always a good thing! This could be worn for so many different holidays/themes. I really like her use of the piping accents too!






"When it comes to little girls, more ruffles is always better" says, DenasSockStore in her Etsy listing description for these sweet Ruffled and Anchor socks! The gold anchor button and navy crochet ruffle really caught my eye~ and she can create them to match your sailor/nautical themed sets in many sizes, just go to her shop and check it out:




Layla and Stitch has this original sailor themed dress listed in her Etsy shop. It's so great to see a designer really think about how to make something so original, this is really cool, not only does it have the adorable Duffy Bear, and Mickey, but it's a completely Reversible Apron design! Now that's smart designing! I'm in love with the ruffles in the back, she will look just as cute coming OR going in this set! She's making it available in sizes 6,8, or 10 and would be ideal for wearing on that Magical vacation or Disney Cruise, in this writer's opinion! Get on over to her Etsy shop and see how detailed it is! 


Do you have an idea for a themed showcase such as this one? Please comment and let us know, and we will do everything in our power to make it happen for you! 
Thanks! Goose, and Designer Z

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for including my reversible apron dress in your showcase. I LOVE this showcase. I totally agree that Nautical NEVER gets old. Its my favorite theme to design. I am so in love with that little sailor boys set. I love vintage. The older the better. I am changing the reversible apron design (through feedback and comments) to an apron that ties instead of the buttons so the buyer can use the aprons for anything. Maybe on just a plain peasant dress they already have and just get more uses out of the items they purchase in the custom world.

    ReplyDelete